Tuesday 30 June 2015

Does anybody else think Jean Jacket when they see a tablecloth, or is it just me?

We just had Netto open a branch down the road, so I went to have a look round on Friday, I do love my budget supermarkets.  And look what I found...


Sadly Netto have not started selling fabric, but they do sell table linens.  This is a denim weight cotton, 140cm wide by 220cm long, for the princely sum of £8.  I saw this and just thought Jean Jacket.  I have a denim jacket that I got from Gap many years ago, but it has a distinct lack of usable pockets, no where to put keys or poo bags (one of the many joys of dog parentage).  I think I will have enough fabric to make a skirt as well, but NOT to be worn together.

So what pattern to use?  I did make a Jean Jacket before in my late teens out of a green drill fabric with an Aztec accent fabric.  Fortunately I don't think there is any photographic evidence of this garment and it had been gifted to charity long ago.  But the pattern may still be somewhere in the house - but do I want to waste a week of my life searching for it only to find pieces missing (I have never been good at putting my pattern pieces back in the envelope).

Fortuitously Burda pattern are half price at the moment, so I have opted for Burda 7018, even though it is a Young pattern and I am definately not.



So as I have declared here, my sewing intentions, I had better well make this jacket and not just add to my fabric and pattern stash.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think you have fabulous taste in table cloths.