Thursday 12 September 2013

Thursday is Veg Box Day

I've now been getting a organic veg box delivered for about 5 years from Wild Star Food and I think they do a really great job. It may not be a most economical way I could be buying my veg these days, but I'm happy because I'm supporting a local company and what I have delivered changes every week.



Here's what I got this week, Green Beans, Green Pepper, Aubergine, Celery, Romanesque Cauliflower, Curly Kale and Beetroot.  

Last week I got, Carrots, Romanesque Cauliflower, Kohlrabi, Yellow Courgettes, Pointed Cabbage, Beetroot and a mass of Potatoes (so much so that we decided not to harvest Fluffrick's Potatoes last weekend).

So there were a couple of things the same, but most things were different and variety is one of the most important things to me.  Before I got the veg box, I would buy broccoli and carrots pretty much every week, boring, boring, boring. Don't get me wrong i really do like broccoli and carrots, but every week was horrendously unadventurous, I like to think I'm a bit more adventurous now.

So now I've got my veg, I've got to sort out what I'm going to cook from it...I'll be back later with what I'm going to inflict on my family this coming week.

0 comments: