Sunday 26 August 2012

What to eat this week


I haven't written about our weekly eats for a little bit, maybe because it all gets a bit samey.  Well my lovely Mum in Law gave me a book voucher for my birthday, so yesterday when we were in town I heard Waterstones calling and I cam away with Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's new book Three Good things... on a plate, so hopefully my menus will get more interesting.  Well we still have to eat this week, so this is what I'm going to inflict my Mum and Husband.

FRIDAY
Courgette Spouffle - this has been in heavy rotation over the last few months, but it is very yummy

SATURDAY
Cannellini Bean and Tuna Burgers, with Sweet Potato Chips and Salad - this was the first time I have made these burgers and I think they need work, if I can improve on the recipe I will post about it

SUNDAY
Roast Chicken, Potatoes, Carrots, Broad Beans, Stuffing and Gravy, followed by Cinnamon Buns - the broad beans came in the veg box this week and they had to be podded, blanched and skinned, talk about a hard work vegetable

MONDAY
Chicken Biryani and Pea Cakes - must remember to put the split yellow peas on to soak, or else we won't be having these tomorrow

TUESDAY
Mustardy Mushroom Stroganoff

WEDNESDAY
Butternut Squash and Sage Spaghetti -  haven't tried this one before, we will have to see how it turns out

THURSDAY
Stir Fry Vegetables and Noodles

0 comments: