Monday 4 May 2015

Me Made May - Days 2, 3 and 4

The weather decided not to cooperate with what I wanted to wear this weekend.  Yorkshire has been hosting the inaugural Tour de Yorkshire this weekend and I thought it a wonderful time to wear my Tour de France skirt, but a cotton summer skirt was not suitable for freezing cold and heavy rain, hopefully I will get a warmer day later  in the month when I can wear it.

So here are the more weather appropriate clothes I worn this weekend...


The Jeans I made early last year, using a pattern from Knipmode magazine that I bought in the Netherlands when we were on holiday there in 2008.  It's a stretch denim with quite a bit of lycra, so they are really comfortable.  One thing this picture does not show the mile of topstitching I did, they look like real Jeans.  The Hoody I must have made at least 15 year ago, I have no idea what the pattern was.  Up until about a month ago I rarely wore it, as it was baggy and buckled around the zip.  So I took in the side and sleeve seams by a couple of inchs, added some pockets (a must when you have dogs to walk), removed the zip, put a little interfacing down the front and re-inserted the zip.  Now I have worn it more times in the last month and I had in the preceding 15 years.


The T-shirt is made with Tilly and the Buttons Coco pattern, using some stripe fabric I had left over from making another Coco (hate to waste fabric) and half a metre of plain brown jersey.  I slimmed the pattern down at the hips, grading from size 5 down to between size 2 and 3.  I also added a cuff to lengthen the sleeves a little, I was working with very little fabric.


So on Sunday we went to see Avengers:Age of Ultron and as I'd already worn my Simmons Dress on Friday, this is my other Marvel appropriate outfit.  The skirt is made using the Be My Goth Sibylle pattern, which I pattern tested last year.  Parnuuna the designer was inspired my Loki when designing the skirt, I don't think the pattern is currently available, but hopefully will be at some point.  Here is a close up of the inset and pleat detail of the skirt.


The t-shirt I made on Saturday using Deer and Doe Plantain, with fabric I bought at the Yorkshire Spoolettes meet up in Dewsbury last month.  I knew I was going to need a plain purple t-shirt if I wanted to only wear me made clothes this month, I have a lot of purple skirts, doesn't everyone.


And then the sun came out.  I made the denim skirt last year, just after I'd made my jeans, in fact using the material I had left over.  I used Simplicity 9825, which is now out of print.  It's just a simple yoked skirt with a zip at the back, I changed the pattern to add pockets and put in a fly front and then went crazy with the topstitching.  This skirt has been worn a lot over the winter with my myriad of coloured tights.  


The T-shirt I made a couple of weeks ago, using Deer and Doe Plantain as the basis and refashioning a couple of t-shirt I bought at a charity shop.  The front and sleeves are from one t-shirt and the back and neck ribbing from another.  The neckline is a little wider than I would have liked, but that's what you get when using recycled materials.

We couldn't walk the dogs in there usual park this morning, as it was being used for a Highland Fling  so we took the walk to Meersbrook Park.  This park is no where near as big as Graves Park, but it does have a great vista of the city.  Maybe I could make my Me Made May photos more interesting by visiting different park in Sheffield?

0 comments: