Sunday 18 September 2011

The last of the Brambles?

The Bramble crop has been early this year, so this may be the last decent picking.

A Bramble & Apple Gallet, that has collapsed a bit unfortunately.

I made some Bramble Jam with the first picking, which should last us for a fair few weeks yet. There have also been a few other pies and some mini Bakewells made with fresh berries rather than Jam, which I think have been my favourite.

On the home grown front, my three tomato plant have been truly pitiful. If we've had 15tomatoes in total I'd been surprised. My four chilli pepper plants have been doing great though. Now I just need to do something with the twenty or so ripe chillies I currently have. I'm thinking a Chilli Jam, but as I've never made one before we will just have to see how it goes.

0 comments: