Friday, 4 May 2012

Me Made May '12 Day1, 2, 3 and 4


So I have signed up to participate in Me Made May again. I did try to take part in 2010, but as Bonnie became very ill part way through the month I had to give up.  That did of course save me the trauma of having my photo taken every day; I really hate having my photo taken.  I am supposed to post my pledge on my blog, so here it is.  

'I, Katrina of RollingEyeballs, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least one home made or refashioned item each day for the duration of May 2012'

So here is Day 1
 

I made this dress a couple of months ago, (using Simplicity 2938) but this is the first time I have actually worn it.  I kept meaning to do a post about the massive discrepancy between the fabric requirements quoted on a back of a pattern, against the actual fabric required, but never quite go round to it.  This pattern says you need 2.2m of 1.5 wide fabric, but I actually made this using only 1.2m.

Day 2 

Both the skirt and the cardigan are home made.  I need to take the skirt in a little as it does sit very low on my hips, this is probably because I just bound the waistband rather than facing it.  This is the skirt that distracted me from Fluffrick shirt, but I did finish the shirt as well, so I don't feel too guilty. The cardigan I made many years ago from a very over sized t-shirt.  I don't know why I thought an over sized crew neck t-shirt would ever suit me, I much prefer it as a cardigan.

Day 3 

Here the top and skirt are home made.  The top dates back a few years, from when I had an addiction of buying vintage patterns and fabric on eBay.  The skirt is a purple chambray (made using New Look 6106) that I made a couple of weeks ago, just after I had signed up to Me Made May.  When looking through all the clothes I have made myself a great number of the are patterned, so I felt I needed a plainer piece of clothing, but maybe purple isn't all that plain.

Day 4


This tunic I made a couple of year ago, from fabric I had left over from making a dress.  I made it using Simplicity 2927, which I have used a couple of times and need to make again. Sadly the pattern is now out of print, so I will have to look after my copy of the pattern, something I am decidedly not good at doing.

0 comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites