Thursday 24 May 2012

Me Made May'12 Days 16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23 and 24

Day 16

I made this skirt last month, it's an adaptation of the same pattern I used to make the purple chambray skirt (New Look 6106).  I bought the floral fabric as a remnant (my Achilles heal) last year, but it wasn't quite enough to make a whole garment, so I bought some plain turquoise fabric to co-ordinate with the floral.  And this is the result, I think it goes beautifully with my Ness t-shirt.


Day 17

The Chambray skirt again, this time teamed with woolly tights and a jumper.  A week later I am missing the cooler weather.


Day 18

My Bustle Skirt, but not a very good picture of it.  This is quite a dramatic skirt to go about in, but you do have to negotiate sitting down in it.  I keep meaning to make another one, but haven't quite got round to it yet.


Day 19

The same outfit as on Day 10, but here with the addition of my 1940's style apron (I was making Sunday lunch).  This is what I wear when I'm trying to be a Domestic Goddess, I don't know how well it works.


Day 20

As Hagrid's behaviour with other dogs is less than exemplary, we take him for his walk at 6 am, so here I am ready for the walk in my home made jeans and a hooded top I made about 15 year ago.


Day 21

I made this t-shirt a few years ago using a vintage 1970's pattern, but the instruction were not as good as they could have been because I've never felt the collar lies quite how it should.  Or it could just be my aversion to working with jersey, that makes me feel this t-shirt didn't quite work.


Day 22

I lovely cool floaty skirt I made last year. I didn't think a gathered skirt would suit me, so I actually made it by making long darts in the fabric, it required a little trial and error in the fitting, but I think it worked well.


Day 23

This dress is made with the same pattern as the top on Day 4. I bought the fabric in the John Lewis sale, long before I bought the pattern, consequently I didn't have quite enough fabric for a traditional layout.  I therefore cut out the side panels and collar width wise rather than length wise, but I feel it actually improved the design.  


Day 24

A whole self made outfit for a change.  The skirt I made last week, again using New Look 6106 (one day I will actually make the skirt with the contrast border as on the pattern).  I'm sure it would have been simpler to just use regular fabric, however it is actually refashioned a charity shop find, a pair of size 22 cropped trousers, to make the skirt.
The top must be at least 15 years old, it is also a refashion, but of a something I made that didn't fit.  I had tried to make a shirt from a pattern designed to be made with stretch fabric in decidedly unstretchy fabric, so I converted it into this little top as I couldn't bear to abandon this fabric.



0 comments: