Saturday 7 July 2012

A Quest for a Perfect Tunic

I am on a quest for the perfect tunic pattern.  A quest and a pledge in one week, Fluffrick's current fantasy readings are obviously having a disturbing  influence on me.  I just want a little top, that is relatively relaxed but just a bit smarter than a t-shirt.  Is that too much to ask?


I do like the Tova top from Wiksten.  I have made it twice since I bought the pattern back in May.  But I was wanting something short sleeved and that doesn't need to be worn tucked in.


The pattern for the Poppy top by Make it Perfect also appealed, I really like the contrast yoke and border, but it is sleeveless and the neckline is a little high.  Oh and I'm not buying any patterns at the moment. 


These are three different tunic that I have made in the past and I like them all, but none of them are quite perfect.  They all just seem to be too full in the front, but they need to be loose enough to put on without having to insert a zip.

If I have any joy in my quest (without buying a new pattern of course) I will be sure to write about it here. 

0 comments: